Real Estate 101
Why rent when you can buy?
Invest Your Rent In Your First HomeThe only one who benefits from your rent check is your landlord. As a renter, you never see that money again. But as a homeowner you can profit when you sell. In addition, as a renter you can’t use any of your rent payments as a tax deduction like homeowners can. If you or someone you know is renting, it’s time to put that rent check to better use! Now is a great time to buy. After years of being priced out of the market by high home values, first-time home buyers are seeing some excellent reasons to invest in their own homes today. Here’s why:
- Lower (even bargain) prices in some areas
- Good selection of homes to choose from
- Greater flexibility from sellers on terms and contingencies
- Very affordable interest rates
- Special federal and local government tax incentives
- Variety of mortgage options.